Ambrosia Software Web Board: Randy Pringle Interview - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Randy Pringle Interview Finally found him!

#26 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

Welcome to the Cythera Web Board, Mr. Pringle :) . It is an honor to have you visit.

I have always thought the Cythera music does an excellent job of complementing the game and setting the tone of certain areas, particularly cities such as Pnyx or Catamarca. As others have said, the music is an integral part of the game and it just would not be the same without it.

Also, nice to see you around, Rogan :) .
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#27 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 21 February 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

Welcome back, Rogan! Very good to see you! How have you been?

Nice to see you guys as well! And thanks, I've been good. Currently working a day job while doing what I really would like to be doing on my own time – makes for little time to lurk on forums, but I try! It makes me happy to see there's still some activity on this board and that Cythera isn't forgotten. Which reminds me I really need to finish some of those chronicles some day, haha.

The Wizard said:

What songs do you guys listen to the least? I used to listen to Catamarca rarely because I wasn't as fond of the opening part as the rest of the song, but I find myself humming it all the time and so listen to it even more now!

The same goes for me. For a long time Catamarca was the one song I would skip, but it grew on me :)

This post has been edited by Rogan: 01 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#28 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

I'm glad you haven't forgotten about Cythera either!

Catamarca was always my favourite song. I loved the messed up bit in the beginning! (It's not messed up anymore, was it the computer I used to play it on..?) The messed up bit was so annoying, I had to love it. Ah, I wish I could hear the messed up version again. But now I like Kosha even better than Catamarca, because it makes me happy (:
Least favourite song? I dunno, overworld I guess. The music fits it well, but it's just not as exciting as the other songs.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#29 User is offline   absolutestudio 

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

[quote name='Seldane' timestamp='1298011460' post='2075972']
The wildest and best thought imaginable. That would indeed be a dream come true. Alas, while I refuse to give up hope, I don't think it will happen. But if the day ever comes, would you be making the music for it? :) Cythera wouldn't quite be Cythera without Randy Pringle.

Oh! I could always hit the studio and make a soundtrack with a face lift! That will be in the works for sure. And you can all have a copy of that.

Oh, here's another question. Before I read your interview, I always assumed you and Glenn Andreas were old friends, and that's how you got into the picture. However, that does not seem to be the case anymore. So, the question... Did you ever have any more contact with him, other than the sending of files via e-mail, taking suggestions and so on? Did you keep contact or talk about anything else? :) I'm just so curious. That sure is an elusive man. I consider myself his biggest fan, and yet prety much all I know about him is that he's been an Apple developer since the 80s and likes tequila. :lol:

Nice to see you again, by the way!

Glenn and I had only a professional relationship over e mails. We did not get to meet in person however I used to visit his web site and it was a real entertaining and humorous one. I did contact him a few times through that site, at least as many times as I thought tasteful, and we reminisced about our game experience and the popularity of Cythera. We have not talked in years.

I have no idea what he is up to. Man has it been that long? Wow. A lot has happened since then. I am a father at age fifty two! Kaylee is six now and going to first grade. She was a very sweet and welcome surprise to us all (nature fooled the doctors)

she is such an angel and changed my life in such a way that nothing else could have.

Posted Image She was installing her own games on her computer at age 2. She would browse the game sites and download them. She could talk at one. She is quite remarkable. I dont think it came from Dad. hahahaha LOL and all that!

Lets keep this a going guys... I will be here at least once a week, or two.

Good seeing you all! I will try and get a hold of Glenn. I am sure he is on Ambrosia site contact. You know maybe they might need some more sound? I have a lot more at my disposal than my old Mac and Roland. Both of which are in operable. No wonder I lost track of everything huh?

#30 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:54 AM

View Postabsolutestudio, on 09 March 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

I have no idea what he is up to. Man has it been that long? Wow. A lot has happened since then. I am a father at age fifty two! Kaylee is six now and going to first grade. She was a very sweet and welcome surprise to us all (nature fooled the doctors)

she is such an angel and changed my life in such a way that nothing else could have.

Posted Image She was installing her own games on her computer at age 2. She would browse the game sites and download them. She could talk at one. She is quite remarkable. I dont think it came from Dad. hahahaha LOL and all that!

Lets keep this a going guys... I will be here at least once a week, or two.

Good seeing you all! I will try and get a hold of Glenn. I am sure he is on Ambrosia site contact. You know maybe they might need some more sound? I have a lot more at my disposal than my old Mac and Roland. Both of which are in operable. No wonder I lost track of everything huh?

Good to see you again as well. :) gandreas isn’t associated with Ambrosia anymore, although he seems to have been working with them recently seeing as Mondo Solitaire was developed by him. Nice story, btw. :D

#31 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:18 AM

She's a very pretty little girl, Mr Pringle ^_^ It's crazy how technologically geeky our kids will be - in the same way that our parents probably don't understand half the computer stuff we do!

I too still refuse to give up hope on Cythera II. I know it may not happen, but still I am hopeful. I know that Uno intends to work on Cythera X after Xsera is completed, and maybe even some other programmers will step up to help. Just Cythera X would be awesome, but I think it may also be a step in the right direction for Cythera II. We'll see!

#32 User is offline   absolutestudio 

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 09 March 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

She's a very pretty little girl, Mr Pringle ^_^ It's crazy how technologically geeky our kids will be - in the same way that our parents probably don't understand half the computer stuff we do!

I too still refuse to give up hope on Cythera II. I know it may not happen, but still I am hopeful. I know that Uno intends to work on Cythera X after Xsera is completed, and maybe even some other programmers will step up to help. Just Cythera X would be awesome, but I think it may also be a step in the right direction for Cythera II. We'll see!

Hello Everyone! I will use this just to reply to all! The studio is almost complete in the back 40. All I have to do is pour some concrete aprons and apply the foam, then set up more computers inside along with the board and sound system. Come check it out. I will be using the studio to re-vamp everything in Cythera. Maybe get a hold of Ambrosia as well. Come visit and watch as I update the home made site. http://www.absolutestudio.net
The music will be available to you all too.

#33 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

Exciting!

#34 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

I agree with BW, that all sound very exciting! :D

I look forward to hearing some of your new music!
Wizard

#35 User is offline   absolutestudio 

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

View PostThe Wizard, on 08 June 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

I agree with BW, that all sound very exciting! :D

I look forward to hearing some of your new music!

Does anyone still browse the board? Have not forgotten you all. We have been working a lot with the Grey Matter Band. http://theguitarfarmonline.com I have been working on the web site a little. Got a barnwood background. Will be putting his products on very soon as soon as I find a partner maybe.

Things have been pretty hectic and summer has been so fun with Kaylee I cannot stop to get any recording done. There are covers over the mixer out in the studio and I am still working on certain details like getting a few more circuits in,

and lately... air conditioners. (how do you put an air conditioner in a two foot thick wall? answer: you buy a solid wood door and put it in that. then you run a tube down for the water to drip out of.

You dont spend all night hooking up an exhaust ductwork into the attic because it forces the attic air down with you and not out, especially with the limited vent work I have up there right now.

Still have the cement floor with some carpet squares laying there temporarily so I will have to move everything out when the carpet comes... How about zebra striped carpet? There is a LOT of stuff in there.

I am satisfied with the lighting finally. (We have store that sells used construction stuff) I have used it quite diligently.

The volcano heat in Iowa has to stop. Over 100 degrees for a month now. We play the Art Walk on the square this Friday and I noticed the temp will be down due to the STORMS moving in. I actually would give up my spotlight for a little rain without a lot of complaints.

Come visit the You Tube presentaion of Grey Matter playing Get Back! Classic Rock lovers!

http://www.youtube.c...u/2/uUV9LfT2jxk
The foam is not up here, just the black sound barrier.

Here is the studio with Kaylee helping to clean up a bit. She did all the drywall with me as well.

How about a nice reprieve from the hot weather.... We are snow blowing the major storm in Iowa here and on the route! http://www.youtube.c...u/3/XEb9N3Jk05s

See you all soon!

Chip

#36 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

Nice to hear from you again, Mr. Pringle :) .

In answer to your question regarding the board's recent lack of activity, I'm afraid that the Ambrosia forums in general seem to be going through a slight slump. Hopefully, activity will pick up sometime soon.

I'm glad to hear that the work on your studio is going well. I hope that it continues to do so.

I agree with you regarding the heat, although I have had only about 10 to 14 days of mostly triple-digit temperatures. I just hope it cools down before school starts again.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#37 User is offline   absolutestudio 

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

View PostSelax, on 01 August 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

Nice to hear from you again, Mr. Pringle :) .

In answer to your question regarding the board's recent lack of activity, I'm afraid that the Ambrosia forums in general seem to be going through a slight slump. Hopefully, activity will pick up sometime soon.

I'm glad to hear that the work on your studio is going well. I hope that it continues to do so.

I agree with you regarding the heat, although I have had only about 10 to 14 days of mostly triple-digit temperatures. I just hope it cools down before school starts again.

I am sure some will think about it and log in someday.... Thats what I did!
School is here now. I was going to go back but think I will wait till spring. I am enjoying this time to get things done.

Want to be the first studio to be a green energy sufficient in the area.

Its going to take some time... some more time.

randy

#38 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

So it's been a month, how's that studio coming along?

#39 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

View Postabsolutestudio, on 03 September 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

I am sure some will think about it and log in someday.... Thats what I did!
School is here now. I was going to go back but think I will wait till spring. I am enjoying this time to get things done.

Want to be the first studio to be a green energy sufficient in the area.

Its going to take some time... some more time.

randy

I thought I'd give this topic another bump. I'm glad to hear that you're still working away on that studio; we need another update! :)
Wizard

#40 User is offline   absolutestudio 

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostThe Wizard, on 05 November 2011 - 06:01 PM, said:

I thought I'd give this topic another bump. I'm glad to hear that you're still working away on that studio; we need another update! :)

Finally ready people. I have to plug a few things in and remember what the heck the problem was with GigaStudio re-wiring into Cubase and why I keep getting piano in every track. But I may just scrap the re-wire and go from one computer to the other using my two separate interfaces. I can use one computer to just generate the sounds.

I have some great synthesizer emulators inlcuding the Moog stuff. I have to find the disks and install them in the right part of the studio. LOTS of details you probably do not want to hear...

All in all, things are really going great.

Believe it or not I put a wood stove outside this year! Its really cool! I built it myself to blow the heat into the house. I have a reclaimer now too and will do the same with that heat. Soon I plan to put a exchanger on it and run water into the floorboards as well.

It has taken a lot of my time however it was refreshing getting outdoors away from the putes and school and all.

I start back into the Academy of Art Monday. It was a needed break. I have been in school off an on since...uh... well I have about ten years in since 96! Filling the wall with degrees and diplomas.

Will be going to work to pay all that off someday. LOL

Good to get logged in...sorry for my tardiness. Hope you all still come by sometimes.

Randy Pringle
Absolute Studio
http://www.absolutestudio.net

I see I posted out of sync. Maybe you will all get the idea.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users