Ambrosia Software Web Board: And you thought *you* were messy? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

And you thought *you* were messy? Think again

#1 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

Found this little tidbit on Geekologie - had to share it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And so many more if you follow the link...

http://www.houston-i...irty/dirty.html

#2 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hrrrm. Page seems intermittent... try refreshing if you can't see the pics :P

#3 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

That's gross. How can someone live like that?
At last he came to a door, with these words in glowing emeralds: THE END OF THE WORLD. He did not hesitate. He opened the door and stepped through.

#4 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

I notice a Schlotsky's bag, at least they have good taste.
Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#5 User is offline   Jeremiah 

• Dissonant
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

Dammit, I thought I had gotten rid of all those pictures. :P
Evility is Reality.

"There's only two types of music; Good and Bad."

Radio Paradise

#6 User is offline   Solid 

• I am a kitten =^.^= (formerly 3vil L337)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:That great American plain of funtionalist salvation

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:10 PM

Smoking kills (da laydeez).
[1:50] anti: " Don't forget the sunglasses, its like a gun on your face"
/Fiesta Grande\

#7 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

This makes me want to clean my room...

#8 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

While that bathroom is probably as bad as any I've seen (looks like he just gave up on using the toilet there), the rest of the apartment is no worse (and a fair bit better in some ways) than a number that I've been in as an apartment maintenance guy.

One of the complexes we managed had a single, mentally ill guy who kept a couple vicious dogs locked up in his back bedroom (this is a running theme: nearly all of our super-squalor cases revolve around either a single, crazy dude with dogs; or a single, old, crazy woman with cats). From what we could get from the neighbors, at the beginning, he would take them on walks and feed them actual dog food. As time went on, he stopped bringing them out of the house, and then stopped bringing them out of the bedroom. This coincided with him starting to only feed the dogs his own food scraps and the occasional neighborhood cat, then just garbage from the dumpsters (which is apparently what he was eating as well by that point). By and by, he stopped leaving the apartment altogether and forgot about the dogs, at which point the larger of the two tried to eat the other dog before dying himself.

Eventually, the guy ended up being taken to the hospital where he died. The owner of that particular complex called us up to go repaint the joint and get it ready to be rented again. When we went in, the place was pretty ######ed up with large piles of garbage all over the place. It wasn't any worse than a lot of this owner's s###holes though, except for a horrible stench that set us gagging as soon as we went in. We had to shovel through a few piles of stuff before we could get to the door of the back bedroom (frankly, I was dreading finding a dead person in there) and were able to locate the source of the stench: the rotting remains of two dogs amidst heaps of half-eaten garbage and remains of half-eaten neighborhood cats, all in the midst of a solid foot of dog s###.

We decided that this was a job for someone else (after my partner added a pile of vomit to the floor of the back bedroom) and told the owner that it wasn't worth it. He got pissed off and decided that we were a bunch of pussies, so he and his wife went down there themselves with a mop and some trash bags that weekend. Turns out that - surprise, surprise - we actually know what we're talking about. His wife didn't make it more than a couple feet inside before she went running out, and the mere liquid artifacts that had flown under the bedroom door were enough for him to give up. To this day, I'm not sure who the hell he got to clean that joint up, but I'm fairly certain that they weren't paid enough.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#9 User is offline   lobf 

• LifeKnight alt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

View PostPufer, on Sep 23 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

While that bathroom is probably as bad as any I've seen (looks like he just gave up on using the toilet there), the rest of the apartment is no worse (and a fair bit better in some ways) than a number that I've been in as an apartment maintenance guy.

One of the complexes we managed had a single, mentally ill guy who kept a couple vicious dogs locked up in his back bedroom (this is a running theme: nearly all of our super-squalor cases revolve around either a single, crazy dude with dogs; or a single, old, crazy woman with cats). From what we could get from the neighbors, at the beginning, he would take them on walks and feed them actual dog food. As time went on, he stopped bringing them out of the house, and then stopped bringing them out of the bedroom. This coincided with him starting to only feed the dogs his own food scraps and the occasional neighborhood cat, then just garbage from the dumpsters (which is apparently what he was eating as well by that point). By and by, he stopped leaving the apartment altogether and forgot about the dogs, at which point the larger of the two tried to eat the other dog before dying himself.

Eventually, the guy ended up being taken to the hospital where he died. The owner of that particular complex called us up to go repaint the joint and get it ready to be rented again. When we went in, the place was pretty ######ed up with large piles of garbage all over the place. It wasn't any worse than a lot of this owner's s###holes though, except for a horrible stench that set us gagging as soon as we went in. We had to shovel through a few piles of stuff before we could get to the door of the back bedroom (frankly, I was dreading finding a dead person in there) and were able to locate the source of the stench: the rotting remains of two dogs amidst heaps of half-eaten garbage and remains of half-eaten neighborhood cats, all in the midst of a solid foot of dog s###.

We decided that this was a job for someone else (after my partner added a pile of vomit to the floor of the back bedroom) and told the owner that it wasn't worth it. He got pissed off and decided that we were a bunch of pussies, so he and his wife went down there themselves with a mop and some trash bags that weekend. Turns out that - surprise, surprise - we actually know what we're talking about. His wife didn't make it more than a couple feet inside before she went running out, and the mere liquid artifacts that had flown under the bedroom door were enough for him to give up. To this day, I'm not sure who the hell he got to clean that joint up, but I'm fairly certain that they weren't paid enough.

-Pufer

As usual, Pufer wins.
Entellagintly Desined

#10 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:12 AM

View PostPufer, on Sep 23 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

<snip>
-Pufer

That's freaking awesome.

#11 User is offline   Shrout1 

• The Shrout One.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:19 AM

There was a topic about this like... 4 or 5 years ago - I was amazed to find that someone dedicated a whole webpage to it!

I don't know if it's a fabrication or if it's real, but it actually doesn't seem that far gone judging by the stuff we've seen so far... This was one of the funniest stories I'd read in years.

Sh**ty Roommate

Oh, you need to fix the link btw - the boards perma-neutered it lol.

This post has been edited by Shrout1: 24 September 2008 - 06:20 AM

#12 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

That's one of the most awful stories I've read in a long time. I don't know if it's real or not, I just know that it's real bad. :P

Not safe for work or human consumption, in other words.

#13 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

View PostPufer, on Sep 23 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

To this day, I'm not sure who the hell he got to clean that joint up, but I'm fairly certain that they weren't paid enough.

Cases like that usually end up with forensic cleaners. They charge quite a lot of money; on the other hand, they have the protective clothing, breathing gear and so forth needed to handle biohazard situations. And when it gets to that level, "biohazard" is no exaggeration.

People who let their houses reach such a state usually have serious mental health issues, often including suspicion of and/or hostility towards strangers. This makes them very difficult to help; without serious psychological treatment (and many of them resist treatment), even if their home is cleaned, they're likely to end up fouling it again.
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

#14 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

View PostSundered Angel, on Sep 24 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

Cases like that usually end up with forensic cleaners. They charge quite a lot of money; on the other hand, they have the protective clothing, breathing gear and so forth needed to handle biohazard situations. And when it gets to that level, "biohazard" is no exaggeration.

No way the owner in question ponied up for anything like that. My bet is he found some illegal immigrant day workers and supplied them with a lot of bleach. We've shoveled s### and yanked urine-soaked rugs before, we just don't like doing it, so would only do so with our more valued clients (or our own complexes). Worse case scenario, you have to replace a couple feet of sheetrock, bleach it up, use liberal amounts of natron (or soda ash or other stuff like that) and some heavy chemical cleaner, and let it air out for quite a while (which is all that forensic cleaners do). With that owner, removing the s###, bleaching the floor, and replacing the carpet would be sufficient. The types of people he rents to aren't the types of folks who would worry much about why that back bedroom always smells so bad when it gets hot inside (the types of neighbors who would notice - not to mention smell - what this guy was doing to himself and not give a s### aren't the choicest folks around).

Short of cleaning up meth labs, I don't think I've ever seen a forensic cleaner used by any landlord I've ever met, no matter how ######ed up the place is. Seriously, the place that started this topic isn't very bad at all and would be maybe a week turnaround, at most (depending on how bad it is under the piles of stuff, with most of the time spent taking loads of garbage to the dump). With the slumlord, we'd remove most of the garbage and hit the bathroom with a power washer - a couple, maybe three days max (doing nothing more than removing the garbage, it would qualify as one of his nicest units, by far).

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#15 User is offline   Vell-os 

• Delicious Brown Boy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

*vomit*
"If anyone tells you darkness is a bad thing, they've obviously never tried Guinness."

#16 User is offline   Jeremiah 

• Dissonant
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:15 AM

View PostVell-os, on Sep 25 2008, 06:54 AM, said:

*vomit*

I hope you're gonna clear that up.
Evility is Reality.

"There's only two types of music; Good and Bad."

Radio Paradise

#17 User is offline   Vell-os 

• Delicious Brown Boy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

View PostJeremiah, on Sep 25 2008, 05:15 PM, said:

I hope you're gonna clear that up.

I did. I can't not do that after seeing those pictures.

Ew.
"If anyone tells you darkness is a bad thing, they've obviously never tried Guinness."

#18 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostPufer, on Sep 23 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

<snip>

I just feel sorry for whoever rented that apartment after it got "cleaned". I bet it wasn't mentioned in the estate agent's tour...
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#19 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

View PostLektor, on Sep 30 2008, 01:26 PM, said:

I just feel sorry for whoever rented that apartment after it got "cleaned". I bet it wasn't mentioned in the estate agent's tour...

I think my dear old dad rented that one out (he usually does for that complex, under orders that the only qualification for getting the keys be that you have the first month's rent and are just sober enough to sign your name on a lease). If he did, there's no way the previous tenant's use of the back bedroom was mentioned. If he didn't, none of our other rental agents would've known anything about the previous tenant's use of the back bedroom to tell the new tenant.

Of all the folks I've shown apartments to over the years, I can only ever recall one person asking about who lived there before them (if I remember correctly it was a young couple with a kid, with the previous tenants being a young couple with a kid who left because they had another kid).

-Pufer

#20 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

i joined a FaceBook group for the people in my flat, and made friends with the last people to live in my apartment, does that count? :P
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

#21 User is offline   Sponge Tom 

• Brick s###house
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

View PostShrout1, on Sep 23 2008, 10:59 AM, said:

<snip>

Holy crap. Someone takes pictures of this place?

Lektor said:

i joined a FaceBook group for the people in my flat, and made friends with the last people to live in my apartment, does that count? smile.gif

Speaking of Facebook, I noticed Ambrosia didn't have a page you could become a fan of. I was disappointed.

This post has been edited by Sponge Tom: 16 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

><>

I shat a bottle of rope.

#22 User is offline   kingofvwcosmos 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Did the celebrated shrout leave already?
ah well...

on topic: Gross

#23 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

View PostSponge Tom, on Oct 17 2008, 02:23 AM, said:

Holy crap. Someone takes pictures of this place?
Speaking of Facebook, I noticed Ambrosia didn't have a page you could become a fan of. I was disappointed.

No, but there is a Group you can join, it was around before the days of these new fangeld fan site thingys.
-- Tom Sims

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users