Ambrosia Software Web Board: RPG facts and puzzling things about - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RPG facts and puzzling things about

#26 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2001 - 10:02 PM

Humans/Pythia

It seems rather strange that a species as advanced as the Jjaro could not prevent the extinction of a favored client race, especially given that human cloning is now only a matter of "when", and cloning can be done with at least a little success (most of the time defects appear, but not always).

Ergo, something not in the genome AND non-recreatable made them the Pythia. I've decided it was some sort of racial consciousness, psychic or otherwise. Unable to recreate it, the Jjaro left representatives of a less-evolved form of the Pythia on two remote planets and hoped they would re-evolve.

One was Argos, one was Earth. Humans have been on Earth a lot longer than we think, but tragic setbacks of our own making have held us down (technologically and evolutionarily).

It's as good an explanation as any Posted Image

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#27 User is offline   Joveia 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2001 - 03:59 AM

I will not be frequently these boards as much as I used to, which means my role in the RPG should be suitably diminished. My apologies to those affected. For very long times away, I give permission to others to use my races (ESF, Armadian, Naarad, Meson) as much as they wish to within the appropriate personality bounds I set for them.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
There are only 3 kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't.

#28 User is offline   Joveia 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2001 - 02:11 AM

So... I'm as much in the dark as anyone here now that my visits from Pharris and Darkk have stopped and the holidays have ended...

People, what's happening? Or more accurately, what is about to happen?

The ESF is pretty much responding from now on to events in the galactic situation.. don't expect to see the Armadians for a long time now, and I'd like Pharris to use his Dulles/Pharris character.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
There are only 3 kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users