• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ring Attack HQ

#26 User is offline   El Spamo 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2000 - 09:37 PM

*El Spamo nods in Darkk's direction*
Ya, I think ah can spare a coupla fighters to support yer troops. Eight of 'em might get in the way when we is gonna be flyin through the li'l holes in them shields, and five is jest the size of them squadrons we flew back at the academy. Now here's how ahm gonna run our little strike on them fusion genraters. Here I'll have the first three fighters run strafin' runs on the scaffoldin'. Sumthin' I'd like to ask of ya there Sundered Angel, outfit a couple of them fighters with some nice ole conventional warheads. Sumthin' that'll make a nice big hole in the side of that ring. Then us last two will come along an' drop our present down the chute. Plus the other three that made the hole can come around again for another pass. Just in case.

For the flight crew, It'll be Meself, Monk and Clampton leadin' the strike on the fusion array with a couple of other pilots you'll pick out. Make sure they're good, I don't want sum rookie hotshot screwin' it all up. Git some experience behind thet wheel. As fer those three fighters yer insertin' with them troops, stick some extra ammo pods on them. They'll need it, with all that stuff to shoot up inside the ring. And boy will they have fun. Like shootin' fish in a barrel.
*El Spamo grins, belches and looks around for approval*

------------------
-Semper ubi sub ubi-

#27 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2000 - 11:10 PM

Nice idea Spammo.
I've obtained permission to use the new heavy burst air support drones, flying robots that fold into packages about the size of a human forearm. They have a guns based on our infantry rifle, as well as a nifty trick - burst lepton capacaters. These are charged at a space station or groundside facility, then the stored energy can be released as the standard lepton beam. The best metaphore is the old cliche about bottle up and selling lepton beams.
They'll take a great deal of fire from the pilots I selected. Don't worry about my selections, they each have over 256 hours combat flying (dang is that a lot; these guys are good).
Each soldier will carry 4 drones, making a total of 3000 lepton beam shots, which should at least be enough to get rid of any fighters and air defenses inside (I doubt the sals expected enemy starfighters in their ring). Don't worry Sargatanus, the scans we made during our flyby show everything - we even have the oracular net beat when it comes to combat sensors. Unfortunantly, no thermal exahaust ports found Posted Image
I've met with the crew of the Singularity and they say they can pull it off.
Ok, my plan for the breach opening:
1. The precision jumpgate sends in elite troops and fighters. Ring thrown into chaos.
2. Elite troops blow linkages from primary gunnery contol to main computer.
3. Elite troops and fighters damage computer area as much as possible.
4. Singularity enters, blows hole in ring.
5. Troopships containing elite Nijayias and Phylydion troops invade ring.
6. Sals must surrender.

Of course, it has a few bugs, and someone else might have a better one, but I think we should all consider this well.

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#28 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 March 2000 - 11:44 PM

**Sundered Angel rolls his eyes** Posted Image

Darkk, you seem to have gotten a few things confused (Sargantanus fixed the final battle plan a little back and said don't interfere- Remember).

Basically, even 500'000 of your crack troops won't be able to take that ring as it stands currently, compact lepton blasters or no. The sheer scale of this ring, which I think you should grasp, makes it impossible- At this point in time.

Therefore, our ground troops have only one purpose: To disrupt their anti-fighter defenses. The fighters fly into the Ring here, set off the reaction, and we flee. The ring's thrusters fire, hit the shields, and irradiate the Ring. THEN we can take it over at our leisure. Therefore, I think our plan of battle should be: (BTW, this might be the mission order too)

1. Research vessels investigate the hyperspace anomalies- look for an escape
route.
2. Main fleet moves in, causing the enemy armadas to intercept them.
3. Darkk's ship moves in with those 250 troops and our elite fighters. Troops
teleport into the ring-defense node, and cause chaos.
4. The fleets engage in a full-scale assault against the enemy armada.
5. The Angel Fighters move in, trigger the reaction, and we get out- fast.
6. Ring is irradiated, any remaining enemy ships scattered and quickly
destroyed.
7. The Salrillians Surrender.

Everyone got that firm in their heads? Because it's just about time...
(Sargantanus: I believe that's the way you want it, and since you're making the plug, make any last minute amendments and we'll figure how it was resolved.)

------------------
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

#29 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 March 2000 - 12:54 AM

That's pretty much it, except for what happenes after we disable the ring. Bare in mind that we will still be dealing with a lot of ships. Also, the ring might still be able to be controled from Salril Prime, and could still use the Death Blossom and Plasma stream, but it wouldn't be very well coordinated. So far though, this would be the biggest blow the Salrilians could possibely get, especially if either of their two gateships are there [I've got a really cool sprite for the Salrilian Gateship]. And if we need to retreat after we disable the ring, we will. No big deal. The sals will be trying to recover from this for a long time: they would have lost a signifigant amount of ships, their best fleet commander (two best if I have my way with Trisar), and the Oracular Net would have lost almost all credibility, which would force the GOC to reboot and possibely reconfigure the system, thus erasing or taming the budding consciousness. It would also strike a nerve with a decent portion of the Sals' client races and most likely spur on revolts for which the Sals would not be in much of a position to deal with. But don't get me wrong, this is not by any means going to be a walk in the park. In fact, at best our odds of success as the situation stands are only 55%. But at least it's in our favor. So all we do is wait for the junction and we can begin. Questions?

[P.S. Hey Sundered Angel, did you get my E-mail? I'm not sure if I got the address right. But let me know soon so I don't have to stew over this.]

------------------
"…Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.

#30 User is offline   Commander Cicion 

• Pip

Posted 11 March 2000 - 02:39 PM

The 500,000 soldiers you mentioned are the Traeskor Battlegroup, and they are MINE, not Darkk's. Their mission isn't to take over the whole ring, it is to disable the key points inside. Jralla will make sure they get in quickly.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

-Han Solo

#31 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2000 - 05:51 PM

Sorry for the mix-up Admiral Cicion, but the point stands. The troops are surplus to requirements. Basically, you could in theory land the troops and destroy vital installations, but it won't matter in the long run because they'll be destroyed anyway by the backlash from the thruster/shield discharge.

Save your troops for a little later, because then we WILL be able to take that thing over with a mere 500'000 - Noone will be left to fight us.

Now, the initial stages of the plan are underway. Research vessels have been detached, and the fleets should be ready to move.

(Sargantanus: I think it's time for you to disclose the ending.)

------------------
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

#32 User is offline   Commander Cicion 

• Pip

Posted 11 March 2000 - 06:30 PM

COMMANDER Cicion. Just call me Traek if you're being informal.

------------------

-Han Solo

-Han Solo

#33 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2000 - 10:32 PM

Very well, Traek it is.

Though being the commander of an armada would place you on par with the admirals, I have to say...

------------------
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

#34 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2000 - 10:57 PM

Oh, just in case the fighters miss on the first pass, we fitted the Singularity with a special negative gravatational sheild - total invincability for short periods. If necissary, it can open breaches for the fighters. The ring cannot kill it with any weapon (even the black hole gun) while the sheild is up, and I know all the weapons. But the sheild cannot be sustained for more than 10 minutes, so if the Singularity is needed, we will have to call it in.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

macgamer.net

#35 User is offline   El Spamo 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2000 - 01:28 AM

Ye won't have ta worry 'bout yer perty little Singularity. My fighters won't miss. It'll be as easy as stealin' candy from a baby. 'Nuthin to it.

------------------
-Semper ubi sub ubi-

#36 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2000 - 10:51 PM

Good. The shield can only be used once per mission, so I am glad.
PS - we found the shield in one of the hyperspace anomolies. It was in (you will not believe this) a cardboard box! On the box was written "To keep the universe safe, boxes like this have been scattered containing our most powerful technology. If they are found, may they be used for justice." in the language of "The Seven", (aliens? deities? they never said) who gave us our powers and system of government a long time ago. Unfortunantly, we have only explored 3 anomolies and found Sal fleets in 2 others. The Sal fleets were running on automatic, all lifeforms destroyed by intense ratiation. We figure at least 2/3 of the anomolies are boobytraps of some sort. I don't think we have time to explore the rest, the Sals have a new MTBS in production, and I believe that they will launch an attack to prevent us from destroying the ring at an unknown time in the near future.
<aside. since we are making this into a plug, it must end happy. Game Design Rule #1, according to gaming god Cliff Bleszinski.>
Another thing. I believe I should lead the diversion, as the ON has me at #1 on its "people to watch out for" list (Cicion is a close second, the deciding factor being that he hasn't attacked them as much). The Sals will concentrate on where I am, leaving the ring less reinforced.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 03-12-2000).]

macgamer.net

#37 User is offline   The Anon 

Posted 13 March 2000 - 02:34 PM

*DANGIT!!!!!!… shouts out The Anonymous scientist*

CARDBOARD BOXES… LEFT-OVERS OF WEAPONS SUPPLY… DRIFTING IN HYPERSPACE… MAKING ANOMALIES… DAMN!!… Not many times I´ve been wrong about something, but I guess that there´s always a second time. Posted Image

And for that I even bothered to speak out loud. BUT MARK MY WORDS: There are Sal devices scattered throughout our galaxy. And my shrink just told me that I am a bit paranoid (maybe because of my third degree contact… IT'S TRUE Posted Image ).

Skip this unless you wan't to learn something about The Anon

Well anyway… can´t win every time. Hmmhh… I should have checked it out sooner with my MIGHTY enchanced fleet of research vessels… though it only consists of ten RV and four captured sal Gunships… and a fleet of modified defender drones… a pocket gateship… an inhibitor ship, illegal by the way… two Lightning class schooners… and I'm proud of them… am I drifting… oh sorry… I´ll go now… AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT ASKING ME TO GIVE AWAY MY SHIPS… sorry… am I talking too much… well sorry about that too… sorry for bothering you all… sorrrry… I'm really sorry… *someone kindly kicked me to go* OUCH… BASTARD… I'm by the way a commander and an expert in aud and sal exology… hyperspace… ships… weapons… explosives… I by the way invented FX28-4 explosive… *Again someone kindly kicks me* ALLRIGHT THEN!!

*Mumbles something about the "oracular implant needing some upgrading" and that "the sals and auds who modified me must be laughing their heads off if they´d hear this… hmm auds can´t laugh… Maybe the 100 years I spent in cryo stasis corrupted my receiver's computer… but that would be my brain… and they downloaded all their data in me to test humans… I´ll have to check that out… but still how could I be wrong… well I was supposed to be destroyed but thankfully those Ares guys rescued me… By the way does anyone think that I might be bit off the wall?!?… Gee, there's so many things to do and blah… blah… blah…" as he walks away*

*Stops at the door and shouts before leaving: I`ll BE BACK, AND I WON`T BE WRONG NEXT TIME… BELIEVE ME!! Posted Image *
*I´ll just have to upgrade my secret oracular network receiver implant, my brain that is and no one knows about it… but me… Did I say that out loud?!?!?*
*Starts beeping like an aud and leaves*
*HEY!! STOP STARING… HASN'T ANY OF YOU SEEN A CYBORG BEFORE… An Aud/Human cyborg that is!?!?! Don't worry I'm not assimilated… or am I???* Posted Image

Hmm… back to reality… checked… reality mode… on in T-10… 9… 8… 2… 1… reality mode on… have a nice day… Posted Image

The Smilie Man

------------------
Strange… just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field… but now I feel quite cold… And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

#38 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 13 March 2000 - 04:14 PM

Umm… Yeah… I'm a genetically enhanced human with aud. cybernetics. Was that supposed to be satyrical?

------------------
"…Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."

#39 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2000 - 07:44 PM

Although my conclusions about the anomolies might be wrong. I have very little data...

------------------

macgamer.net

#40 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

Posted 14 March 2000 - 12:46 PM

What part of "no more fleets in this" did you not understand? In fact, have you even read this entire topic? Because if you haven't, then you have no idea what's going on.

------------------

#41 Guest_Ei Jei_*

Posted 14 March 2000 - 05:29 PM

I'm willing to contribute an entire armada and a couple of fleets.
I have 400 fighters, 200 cruisers, 170 heavy cruisers, 150 gunships, 70 carriers, and 3 heavy destroyers.

The sun and the stars outside of HQ station, and when everyone's eyes adjust, it turns out that the stars are blocked out by a huge fleet!!!!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image!!!

#42 Guest_Corporal gei'Buht_*

Posted 14 March 2000 - 05:53 PM

Sure. Posted Image
But do you remember the Axis-Salrilian incident?
When the Salrilians were overtaking an Audemedon world, the Audemedons made a rush for the Salrilian station in the main system, and successfully broke through. Rather than surrender the station and themselves to the Audemedons, they blew up the station and pulled back.

I find it unlikely that the Slugs will surrender to us.

However, while my decoy force sacrafices itself to the 8th Cantharan fleet, I will have a couple of destroyers sneak behind the Salrilian carrier force and fire some charges at them. With the Carriers distracted, I will be able to sneak my decoy force past the carriers and towards their back lines.
When my decoy ships have all slipped through, I will disengage my destroyers and make a run towards the Salrilian gateship. This diversion should give me enough time to destroy the gateship itself, thus preventing the Salrilian main fleet from reaching the ring as reinforcements.

It is likely that my Sniper Force will be eradicated, be my crew and I am prepared to die.

I will say my farewells now, as I will commence the attack in 3 hours.

Goodbye. Posted Image

#43 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2000 - 10:10 PM

**Sighs and stands.**

Very well ladies and gentlemen, our plans our laid. The first fleets are moving as we speak, and the first reports are coming back. This station is needed for the huge task of administrating the campaign.

Thankyou for your plans, strategies, and contributions. They have been many and vital to the success of this mission. But from now there is no turning back. We are committed to our course of action.

I hereby declare this council: Disbanded

**The various captains, admirals and mercenary leaders dismiss to their respective commands. Sundered Angel waits until last, and looks to Admiral Sargantanus.**

I can see how this will end, Sargantanus. Just remember this warning: The Oracular Net cannot fortell the future.

**Sundered Angel leaves, to prepare himself for the final attack.**

((NO MORE POSTING HERE!! The only post left to be made is the announcement of the attack's success or failure, and the results of the battle. This will be made by Admiral Sargantanus once he has plotted the end to this plug. I hope that is well and truly clear.))

((Any more announcements can be made over a transponder frequency, which I will set up now. Any messages there will not be taken for the plug, as it has been finalised.))

((That is IT))

------------------
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic