Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera's Music - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera's Music Now available for download!

#51 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on Jul 27 2008, 08:48 AM, said:

Where's that underground music from, if not the game?

It is at the bottom of this article linked from the first page. I will have the original Underground music from the game up soon, I hope.

And Jehezekel, it's a little sad that you've never listened to the in-game music. When I was younger, the music was one of the key things I remembered and it provided both atmosphere for the game and great memories for when I got older. Soon, you'll be able to listen to the music anyways, and create new memories! In fact, that'd make a good poll sometime: which Cythera song do you most remember/holds the most memories for you?
Wizard

#52 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Underground theme:

-Link no longer available-

I need some input on this particular track. Can anyone hear anything that seems wrong with this song? I was having a very, very difficult time getting a perfect recording of the underground music for some reason; I think I finally got one that is fine. If it is not perfect enough to for everyone else's taste, I might try again, although I doubt it will yield any result. Personally, I find this one to be quite passable; does anyone else have an opinion, though?

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 24 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

Wizard

#53 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

If no one can hear anything wrong with that track, then I'm going to move on.

The Danger/Drama theme:

While Underground plays quite frequently in the game, I almost think that this one plays the most. It plays in all dangerous situations (Rescuing Ariadne, the Ruffian Encampment, the Cult of Scylla, the Strongholds, etc.)

The Seldane theme will be coming soon!

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 24 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

Wizard

#54 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

I forgot to answer, but yeah, the underground track sounded good to me ^_^

As for the most memorable song, I'd have to go with the one you're working on now. I was down bugging Sabinate one day, and for some reason my little brother came over and put his ear up to the external speakers attached to the computer. Then he just started dancing :D Well, what was I to do but get up and dance with him?

Fun times ^_^ Anywayz, remembering dancing to it helps me to remember the song.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#55 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

Well, here ya go!

Although I must admit it would be hard to dance to, I do like the Seldane theme. :P

This is the last piece of music that I know of. I've covered all the cities, the Cythera overworld theme, the main menu music, the danger areas, and all the Seldane/ruin areas. I've already checked with Demodocus and Bryaxis and can't get any song from either of them. If anyone can think of any other place that might possibly have different music, please name it; I would like to gather everything that plays in the game.

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 24 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

Wizard

#56 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

By the way, I have completed both bonus tracks.

Underground Remix:

Not terribly different from the original Underground, but if you listen closely, you will find certain things a little different.

An excellent song to end everything with is the City of Mystery:

It's not too fast, not too slow. To me, it's almost thought-provoking in a way.

Well, that should finish off the music, original and bonus tracks. Again, I'd like to make sure I have everything. I've been using Randy Pringle's list from that article as a guide:
  • Game Intro (something upbeat and majestic)
  • Outdoors music (sweeping, majestic, catchy, but not too annoying...it'll be heard the most)
  • Landking Hall music (something formal, a bit alien, soothing)
  • Ruins/Seldane music (Alien, a bit mysterious)
  • Underground music (Spooky, mysterious)
  • Magisterium music (Something complex, slightly formal)
  • "Dramatic" music (More intense, stressful, dramatic)
  • City of Odemia (simple, perhaps a bit rustic)
  • City of Catamarca 1 (fun, upbeat, relaxing)
  • City of Catamarca 2 (depressing, tense - there is a plague going on here)
  • City of Kosha (stolic, almost military)
  • City of Cademia (Impressive, sweeping, old, sophisticated)
  • Music that a troubadour might play on a Lyre
I know I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (I call it the Danger theme), 8, 11, 12. Numbers 9 and 10 did not seem to both make it into the game. I played the music before curing the plague and then I played the music after curing the plague. It does not change either way, so there is only one Catamarca theme. I think that it's closer to being #9, since it is relatively upbeat. I would be interested to know if Randy Pringle ever created a depressed version of Catamarca's theme, but I do know it's not in the game. Number 13 does not seem to exist either. That was what made me wonder if Demodocus or Bryaxis played a song for you, but I could not find one from either.

If anyone has any information regarding tracks I have missed, I'd be interested to know!

It's looking like all of the music has been collected. Soon, I will be posting a track list and a play length chart. After that, I just have to get everything packaged and uploaded, and then, Cythera music for everyone! :P

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 24 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

Wizard

#57 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

Yay!

(That's really all I have to say, except that I agree that you've got all the music.)
I'll become even more undignified than this

#58 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

Did you check all the dungeons and tyrant castles as well?

Also, sorry if I haven't gotten back to you. I've been very busy and am having trouble getting to go on the computer at all.

#59 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

Yep! Most dungeons play the Underground music, the Tyrant's tomb plays the Danger Theme. I understand how busy one can get, but I am curious if the Cythera save files worked for you?

If that's all anyone can think of, it looks like I have all of the music. So now, I will put up the track list.
  • Main Theme - 1:36
  • Cythera - 2:18
  • Land King Hall - 3:35
  • Odemia - 1:15
  • Catamarca - 1:53
  • Cademia - 1:17
  • Kosha - 2:40
  • Pnyx - 0:58
  • Underground - 2:05
  • Danger Theme - 1:12
  • Seldane Theme - 1:38
  • Bonus Track: Underground Remix - 2:08
  • Bonus Track: City of Mystery - 1:14
I put the menu music first and named it Main Theme because it is the one that I think most people associate with Cythera. The main menu music is often called the "Main Theme" anyways.

Cythera is the Cythera Overworld theme, but I went with the name Cythera because that is the name of the region in-game, and it seems to work better with the city names when it doesn't have Overworld on the end.

The city themes are pretty self explanatory. Again, I didn't feel the need to put "theme" at the end of the name because the map name is the city name. The city music appears in the order that you encounter it in the game, or, more accurately, the way the red road winds over Cythera. There is one exception, though. Kosha is not connected to the road and could be placed after Pnyx; however, I went ahead and placed Pnyx last because I felt it was more appropriate to wrap-up the city section with one of the more important cities. This is a personal preference, and I would probably be open to changing it if anyone cares enough.

I considered the name Underground Theme because it plays at multiple places. Underground Theme just didn't look right, but aside from that, the majority of places where the Underground music plays are called "Underground" in the game. This fits in more with my naming system for Cythera and the city themes.

Danger and Seldane both have Theme tacked on the end of their names because they play at a vastly different number of places all over the island. There is no particular place called "Danger" nor is there one called "Seldane", so, since I wanted to use those names, it makes more sense to put "theme" at the end of their names since they aren't associated with certain places so much as certain moods.

Underground Remix and City of Mystery are the names of the bonus tracks, and I see no reason why a different name should be applied. These just seem to make sense given the naming system I've been using.

Anyways, that is the track list. If anyone has any suggestions regarding naming/order, I'd love to hear it! In a few days, I'll try to get everything packaged (it will either be 2 or 3 packages) and upload them to the add-ons section!
Wizard

#60 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

I think this should be noted:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/sho...tairWay.sit.hqx

The old board member talks about finding this song on the old Delver website, and also that there might be another that was with it. Anyone know who he was and what website he was talking about?

Also, does is this song different in any way to Main Theme?

#61 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

I have Stairway on my computer and used it to record the Land King Hall music.

I don't remember what board member it was that said that (Bryce or Firebird, perhaps?), but if I recall, the other track they said used to be there was the Underground track. Unfortunately, there is no way to get the Underground song in its original MIDI form unless you opt to use the slightly different Underground "Remix" that is linked from the article above. I believe the old Delver site was delver.com or something like that, but it is long since gone.

Stairway is actually the Land King Hall theme. Concerning differences between them, I have listened closely to Stairway in comparison with the Land King Hall as it plays in the game. They are identical so far as I can tell. So, really, Stairway is included with the other music, but I renamed it Land King Hall to match the other names.
Wizard

#62 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:31 AM

Excellent news!

I have finished encoding all the songs properly and packaged them into three sets. On top of that, I have already uploaded them to the add-ons section! That means that everything is ready and everyone can freely download Cythera's music, as soon as an admin accepts it for download. Maybe a moderator can do that, too. Either way, it ought to be up soon, and if it's not for another week or so, I might ask Magnus about. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm leaving the flash version of the songs available from Photobucket until the downloads are available from Ambrosia.

Since the rest is up to an admin or mod, I think I can safely say that I've done all I can do for this project! Soon we can have Cythera music just like any other game! (On a side note: after some testing with codec and bitrate size, I settled on AAC @ 160 kps. It was the highest quality I could get and the most efficient use of the space I could upload.)
Wizard

#63 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

This should be the final update to this project!!!

The Cythera music has been accepted and placed for public download from the Cythera Add-ons page! I can now call this project done, and I must say that I'm very pleased to have it done. It's been fun getting everything together and working on the individual tracks, but I've been getting ready to be done with it. Now it is!

As I mentioned in the update to the first post, thank you to whoever uploaded it so quickly. And, of course, if someone complains about it, we will have to take it down, but I'm hoping that won't happen.

Anyways, I've removed the links to the Flash files that I was using to give samples of the music. They're not needed at all, since they are lower quality than the downloads that you can now get. Well, that's all folks!
Wizard

#64 User is offline   Percy 

• Trees
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:56 AM

Downloaded all three, listening to the main theme right now. It gives me chills...how good this game was. Great job, guys.
I'm going back to the ones that know, with whom I can be what I want to be

#65 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Sweet! Another game soundtrack added to my collection!

Thanks Wizard, for your courage to just go ahead and bring the music to everyone. Oh yay, album art.

#66 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:32 AM

Just out of curiosity, web archive tools doen't work for the Delver site, or at least not for downloads, do they?

I still can't stand Catamarca…I think I'll leave it unchecked.

#67 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:08 AM

Well I checked at archive.org, and it does have some versions of the older Delver site. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to save any of the media; at the very most, it has a few of the small pictures.
Wizard

#68 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

That's what I thought, usually those things don't save so much…sigh…

#69 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:36 AM

Well, even if it had saved all of the media files, I think there were only ever two songs on delver.com. If I recall they were stairway and underground, but now we have them anyways.
Wizard

#70 User is offline   ooshmaster 

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted to say that this is fantastic news! Anyway, there is a cd released by Randy Pringle on Cafepress, which has some alternate versions of some of the Cythera tracks. Honestly it's not that good, alot of it sounds like elevator music to me. But I got it because at the time there were no mp3's of the music, just the Stairway midi. You guys still might want to get it just as a curiousity/fanboy thing. Thats really the reason I got it.

http://music.cafepre...bsolute/6310482
ooshmaster ground Alaric to dust, but to no effect.

I am not associated with the "ooshmaster" on Myspace.

#71 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

Good to see you, ooshmaster.

I remember that you once made a topic about that CD. In fact, I think your topic was partly what spurred the creation of this one.
Wizard

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users