• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

###### ######

#26 User is offline   moonunit4eva 

• Dommy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

I wish my computer skills extended to awesome stuff like that. I'm a prankster at heart - but have few ways to let it out.
Whatever happens..happens.

#27 User is offline   Sponge Tom 

• Brick s###house
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:49 PM

Get Flash. http://www.albinobla...om/flash/prank/
><>

I shat a bottle of rope.

#28 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

View Postvecoriwen, on Mar 20 2008, 01:12 PM, said:

Once in High School, my friend and I changed all the MS Word programs in the computer lab so that when someone typed "but" it came out as "butt pirate". One of my classmates didn't notice until she had printed out her first draft. Yeah...she was pretty daft, that one.

But, it was awesome. :P

-Vecclicious

Haha, I know how to do that. But I'd probably get suspended if I did it, and I'm in the running for perfect attendance which automatically enters you into a contest for a free car around these parts. ;)

#29 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

Where are "these parts?"

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#30 User is offline   vecoriwen 

• Is an Outlier in the Histogram of Life.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

I was still Valedictorian in spite of my mischievous tendencies.

But, I hope you get that car.

-Veccy
Can you imagine if I was deranged?

#31 User is offline   moonunit4eva 

• Dommy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Aww! I want a car...

#32 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

Thanks. The odds are in my favor, relative to a drawing in, say, the lottery. Only about 120 students in the entire state have perfect attendance every year. :P

I'm also geared towards becoming the Valedictorian in my class, with a 4.0 instead of the 3.8 that you can have as a minimum, I might add.

Edit:

View PostPufer, on Mar 20 2008, 04:44 PM, said:

Where are "these parts?"

-Pufer

Oh, it clicked. I thought you were talking about something else. Anyway, "these parts" happens to be in the good ol' town of Pueblo Colorado, which is located in the smack dab middle of nowhere. Don't marry anybody from Pueblo, you don't want to get anchored down to this city. Trust me.

This post has been edited by JacaByte: 20 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

#33 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

View PostJacaByte, on Mar 20 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

Don't marry anybody from Pueblo

Well there go my hopes and dreams!
(You don't want to know how many mistakes I made in this post. Drunk posting = bad idea [though at least I can still catch my mistakes])

This post has been edited by Rickton: 21 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#34 User is offline   moonunit4eva 

• Dommy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:13 AM

I gotta try that sometime...

#35 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

View PostJacaByte, on Mar 20 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

Oh, it clicked. I thought you were talking about something else.

:P

View PostJacaByte, on Mar 20 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

Anyway, "these parts" happens to be in the good ol' town of Pueblo Colorado, which is located in the smack dab middle of nowhere. Don't marry anybody from Pueblo, you don't want to get anchored down to this city. Trust me.

I never cease to be amazed at the wild levels of pollution that have historically dumped in Colorado. I mean, turn a mining town into a leather tanning center and then a steel town? Crikey. That's some heavy stuff being pumped into the air and water.

Granted, it's nothing compared to Denver (between the radium mining, smelter operations, and refineries, something like 50% of metro Denver qualifies as a Superfund site, add in the Rocky Mountain Arsenal (US Army chemical weapons production) and Rocky Flats (DOE plutonium fuze production for nukes) flanking Denver to the east and west, respectively, and it's a wonder anyone is still alive, especially considering stuff like Rocky Flats was basically a fallout factory for 40 years while pumping unprocessed weapons-grade plutonium dust into the air over Denver), but it's still not good.

-Pufer

This post has been edited by Pufer: 21 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#36 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

View PostPufer, on Mar 21 2008, 12:16 AM, said:

I never cease to be amazed at the wild levels of pollution that have historically dumped in Colorado. I mean, turn a mining town into a leather tanning center and then a steel town? Crikey. That's some heavy stuff being pumped into the air and water.

Actually, they've done a pretty good job at cleaning up the water around here. It might be better if Colorado Springs Utilities stopped dumping s*** into our water, but they say that those sewage dumps are all "accidents." Blow me.

The steel mill isn't doing as well as it used to. Many people are beginning to view Pueblo as a chili town, due to the exceptionally hot chili peppers they grow and sell during the Farmers' Market.

View PostPufer, on Mar 21 2008, 12:16 AM, said:

Granted, it's nothing compared to Denver (between the radium mining, smelter operations, and refineries, something like 50% of metro Denver qualifies as a Superfund site, add in the Rocky Mountain Arsenal (US Army chemical weapons production) and Rocky Flats (DOE plutonium fuze production for nukes) flanking Denver to the east and west, respectively, and it's a wonder anyone is still alive, especially considering stuff like Rocky Flats was basically a fallout factory for 40 years while pumping unprocessed weapons-grade plutonium dust into the air over Denver), but it's still not good.

-Pufer

Huh, I was aware that Denver has a smog problem and a problem with radon seeping into houses through the ground, but this is new stuff to me...

This post has been edited by JacaByte: 21 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

#37 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

View PostJacaByte, on Mar 21 2008, 09:32 AM, said:

The steel mill isn't doing as well as it used to. Many people are beginning to view Pueblo as a chili town, due to the exceptionally hot chili peppers they grow and sell during the Farmers' Market.

Clearly the first thing you guys'll have to do is to begin spelling chile correctly to pull that off. :P

View PostJacaByte, on Mar 21 2008, 09:32 AM, said:

Huh, I was aware that Denver has a smog problem and a problem with radon seeping into houses through the ground, but this is new stuff to me...

Posted Image

Orange areas are superfund sites, I labelled three of them. That's a lot of Denver there. The smaller ones along I-70 are a refinery and a smelting monolith. The ones out towards Boulder are related to mining.

Rocky Flats was so contaminated with radioactive waste that they decided the best thing to do to clean the joint up would be to raze the entire site, which they did.

Posted Image

-Pufer

#38 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

Ah, okay. I did a little research on this and found out that all this crud about pollution up at Denver occurred before I was born. Go figure; that's why I've never heard about it.

Then again, news concerning the northern reaches of the state rarely comes down here.

This post has been edited by JacaByte: 21 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

#39 User is offline   zurdo 

• Patriot
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

View PostPufer, on Mar 21 2008, 10:00 AM, said:

<various images of a state renowned for the great outdoors>

######.
"I view it [The Columbia River] as the germ of a great, free and independent empire on that side of our continent, and that liberty and self-government spreading from that as well as this side, will ensure their complete establishment over the whole."

-Thomas Jefferson

#40 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

I suspect that the latter picture was taken during our little period of drought, hence why it isn't as green as the first picture and there isn't as much snow on the mountains in the background.

#41 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:57 PM

Probably just the end of winter. It wasn't especially green out there a few weeks ago and there still appears to be some snow up in them thar hills. That and the color is really screwed up in the after pic (look at the sky), it should be a little greener.

Also, people didn't know about a lot of the pollution when it was happening before you were born either. They built Denver on top of the radium operation that had alreadly left, Rocky Flats wasn't exactly public knowledge (even those who knew it was an AEC operation didn't know how much plutonium was being moved through there), and the Rocky Mountain Arsenal's cover, as the name would imply, was that it was an Air Force weapons storage depot associated with the former Fitzsimmons AFB instead of a nerve gas production facility.

-Pufer

#42 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hmmmm. Pufer, have you considered a future in the education system? Perhaps as a professor of law?
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

#43 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

Teacher/professor is my backup if I wash out of law school. It's really hard to get into legal academia straight away if you didn't go to Yale, and since your alma mater's law school has already rejected me that path probably isn't all that open unless I want to do the biglaw-then-professorship route. That still definitely has its appeal, but then the question becomes whether I'd want to go the judgeship route rather than persue teaching.

-Pufer

#44 User is offline   lemonyscapegoat 

• Batwhale!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

hmm I've just noticed that ######(sh*t) seems to be censored on the DEFCON boards.

Edit: and apparently here too

Edit again: and apparently everywhere else. I could have sworn it was otherwise.

This post has been edited by lemonyscapegoat: 23 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

I guess so.

#45 User is offline   Vell-os 

• Delicious Brown Boy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

########################################################################################################################

This post has been edited by Vell-os: 23 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

"If anyone tells you darkness is a bad thing, they've obviously never tried Guinness."

#46 User is offline   Jeremiah 

• Dissonant
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
Evility is Reality.

"There's only two types of music; Good and Bad."

Radio Paradise

#47 User is offline   Mispeled 

• *facepalm*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:13 AM

View Postlemonyscapegoat, on Mar 23 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

hmm I've just noticed that ######(sh*t) seems to be censored on the DEFCON boards.

Edit: and apparently here too

Edit again: and apparently everywhere else. I could have sworn it was otherwise.

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure that at one point in the past it wasn't censored.
Pending News > VXI

#48 User is offline   Solid 

• I am a kitten =^.^= (formerly 3vil L337)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:That great American plain of funtionalist salvation

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

I think David Hasselhoff should be censored
[1:50] anti: " Don't forget the sunglasses, its like a gun on your face"
/Fiesta Grande\

#49 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

The Hoff should probably be shipped permanently to Germany.

-Pufer

#50 User is offline   dude3 

• Ehhhhh...no?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

View PostPufer, on Mar 23 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

Teacher/professor is my backup if I wash out of law school. It's really hard to get into legal academia straight away if you didn't go to Yale, and since your alma mater's law school has already rejected me that path probably isn't all that open unless I want to do the biglaw-then-professorship route. That still definitely has its appeal, but then the question becomes whether I'd want to go the judgeship route rather than persue teaching.

-Pufer

Professor of what?
"For a writing to be a writing it must continue to 'act' and to be readable even when what is called the author of the writing no longer answers for what he has written..."

Jacques Derrida, "Signature Event Context"

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users