• You cannot reply to this topic

Brawl. It's here.

#51 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:18 AM

Plus you get laughed at for having a ridiculously stupid character :P

µ, I tried Pit for a while. I found him very good, but felt like for a flying character, he was lacking in aerial attacks and assaults. His final smash, whilst very annoying to be on the receiving end of, doesn't seem very good at actually killing people, just racking up their damage %.

Plus my friend who plays him does so in a very very annoying way. That sword spinning move is about all he does, over and over and over and over...
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#52 User is offline   Manta 

• Messenger of the Void. Galactic Scourge. Nibbler of Chocolate.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

I've settled down to a few characters I like. Sonic and Wolf are my two best. After those two, I'll play with Marth, Fox, Pikachu, and Meta knight.
Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

Best webpage ever Kitten cannon Urban Dead

#53 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

I'm yet to meet someone who can use Sonic well. What are your tactics?
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#54 User is offline   Manta 

• Messenger of the Void. Galactic Scourge. Nibbler of Chocolate.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

For 1v1 I like to use Sonic's speed to keep my opponent bouncing, never letting them stay on the ground for long. For a 4 way, I find hit and run tactics work well. Just hit people and keep moving. When someone gets up to a high percentage, concentrate on them with some of Sonic's kill moves ( forward smash, back air, up air, down smash, back throw ) Another nice thing about Sonic is it is extremely easy to slide into his smash attack causing you opponent no end of pain. If your opponent is shielding and rolling a lot use up and down smashes. Up smash usually can knock down the person's shield and hit them by the end of the move. Down smash can catch people rolling around too much.

During Sonic's side and down b moves you can jump during the move without ending it to jump an opponent's attack or catch a person who tries to jump out of your way. This is something that not everyone knows, but is extremely useful.
Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

Best webpage ever Kitten cannon Urban Dead

#55 User is offline   mrxak 

• Rabid Haiku Generator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

I got a chance to play it, but didn't play it for long. It's never really been that much fun to me, I prefer Mario Kart and Wii Play.
mrxak.com | twitter.com/mrxak
Super Moderator - EVDC | U | EV | D | R | DC | M
_/\__
In the light of morning the sun climbs upon the shoulder of the sky / I yearn for the tender darkness.

#56 User is offline   mWalk 

• I'll offend you.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

I don't play video games. They take up time and money.

#57 User is offline   G-Spark 

• +5 to Fleeing and Evasion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

Well I finally got my first chance to play a few weeks ago. Sadly Riddle hogged Link every time but I did get to work with the other characters I'd been wanting to try.

Like I thought, Ike's slow. Not as slow as people lead me to believe, but still too slow to keep up with Riddle.

Pit. I liked Pit but he's kinda lacking aerial attacks, or I'm lacking talent, mostly likely the second. He's not as good as I thought, but I'm not bad with him either. I found his final smash incredibly easy to dodge even with Ike.

Marth. Didn't like Marth in Melee but I was looking forward to using him in Brawl and I'm pleased to say he lived up to my expectations. Using his side special can get a little complicated especially when I'm trying to use a certain combo.

Samus. Uh, never really worked out how to use her in any of the three games so I don't know why I wanted to use her, but I'm not that bad... just bad. Respectively I kinda suck with Zero Suit Samus. The stunner charges and fires a lot slower than it's supposed to. Well not really but in Zero mission it's faster. I'd kinda actually like if they gave her the ability for weaker rapid fire attacks instead of charging every time.

Sheik. Weak attacks, but I got used to her and I like the Needle throw.

Link. Liked him the two minutes I used him. Never got much practice though.
Sanity brings Clarity. Clarity brings Understanding. Understanding makes everything boring as hell.

#58 User is offline   Gray Shirt Ninja 

• devoured by incandescence
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

View PostG-Spark, on Aug 2 2008, 03:54 PM, said:

Samus. Uh, never really worked out how to use her in any of the three games so I don't know why I wanted to use her, but I'm not that bad... just bad. Respectively I kinda suck with Zero Suit Samus. The stunner charges and fires a lot slower than it's supposed to. Well not really but in Zero mission it's faster. I'd kinda actually like if they gave her the ability for weaker rapid fire attacks instead of charging every time.

What? You don't like Sex Appeal Samus? I love Sex Appeal Samus!
Why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is
my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a
shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users